THE MANIFESTATION OF THE BODY OF CHRIST
Ref:1 Cor 12 : 4 -11
The Body of Christ,The church,is clearly manifested through the manifestation of the working of the Holy Spirit because the church of Jesus Christ was born by the power of the Holy Spirit.So, the Church is a spiritual community.She is the true Israel which God the father intended to give birth to.
Consider the following three facts about the Church of Jesus Christ;
- There are different kinds of gifts but the same spirit.
- There are different kinds of service but the same Lord
- There are different kinds of working but the same God works all of them in all men.
Now each one of the manifestation of the Spirit is given to the common good.The manifestation of the Spirit in the church is through the gifts of the Holy Spirit which according to Apostle Paul are nine.These are;
- Message of wisdom
- Message of knowledge
- Miraculous power
- Distinguishing between spirits
- Speaking in different kinds of tongue
- Interpretation of tongues.
All these are the work of one and the same Spirit and He distributes them to each one just as He determines.
The Trinity in action to manifest the Church.
- Gifts (spiritual) – this is by the Holy Spirit
- Service – this is by lord.
- Working – this is by God
A . Spiritual gifts by the Holy Spirit
These gifts are the manifestations of the Spirit given for the common good to all. These are;
i). Message of wisdom:
What is wisdom ?; James 3:13-18
- It is shown through good life, by deeds done in the humility.
- If you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your heart do not boast about it. Such wisdom does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual and as the devil.
- When you have envy and selfish ambition there you find disorder and envy evil practice.
- But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all;
- Peace loving
- Full of mercy
- Good fruits
There are two kinds of wisdom
i). Demonic / Earthly – harbors bitter envy and selfish ambition
- This is of the devil
Manifests in disorder, envy and evil practices
ii). God’s wisdom
Is pure, peace loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy, good fruit, impartial and sincere.
Manifested through harvest of righteousness and peace.
The message of wisdom in Verse 8 II Corinthians 12 is a message which is pure, peaceful, considerate, submissive full of mercy, full of good fruits, impartial and sincere. (1 Corinthians 1: 24 b) this is the message of Christ! Declaration, I will speak with purity, peacefully, considerately, submisevely, mercifully, fruitfully, impartially and sincerely.
ii) The message of knowledge:
This is the message of Him.
Message of knowledge reveals Jesus. Philippians 3:7 – 11. The desire to know and reveal Jesus over sides everything else.
iii) . Faith.
iv) Gift of healings.
v) Miraculous powers.
vii) Distinguishing between spirits .
1 John 4: 3- 6
a). Every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus, this is the Spirit of anti Christ.
b). Speaks from the words view point, the world listens those who do not listen to us (we from God) are from the world (the enemy).
viii) Speaking in tongues.
ix) Interpretation of tongues.
Summary of the gifts of the Spirit
- Word of wisdom.
- Word of knowledge.
- Miraculous power.
- Distinguishing between spirits (discernment).
- Speaking in tongues.
- Interpretation of tongues.
I will desire to operate in all the gifts of the Spirit. I will allow the Holy Spirit to manifest through me.
B. Different kinds of Service by the Lord.
The true body of Christ will be manifested by the kind of service offered.
Service is two fold:
a). We serve one another
b). We serve the Lord
As we minister – to one another
- and to the Lord – serve
Ref; 1 Corinthians 12:5
Ephesians 4 :11 – 16
Romans 12:3 – 8
The gift of service are given by the Lord (Jesus). Ephesians 4 : 8
When he ascended on high he led captives in his town and gave gifts to men, the gifts he gave where. Ephesians 4:11-16
So that body of Christ might be build up until we all reach unity.
a). In the faith
b). In the knowledge of the son of God
When we reach unity in faith and knowledge to the son of God we will;
- a) Become mature
- b) Attain to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
Result of becoming mature and attaining the whole measure of the fullness at Christ will be that;
a) We will no longer be infants. Tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by cunning and craftiness of men.
b). We will speak the truth in love
c). We will grow inn all things up every supporting ligaments grows and builds it self up in love as each part does its work.
Romans 12:3 -8
Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought.
Think of yourself with sober judgment in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
Body has many parts and then do not do the same work, similarly in Christ we who are mercy.
For one body and each member belongs to all the others.
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us;
- Contributing to the needs of others.
- Showing mercy.
I will be equipped for the works of service! I will be build up towards unity in the faith and knowledge of the Lord!
I will mature and attain the whole measure as the fullness as Christ.
I will not be an infant
I will speak the truth
I will grow up in all things
C). Working by God
Ref; John 6: 28 – 29, 35 – 59. Mark 16:20
What must we do to do to the works God requires?
The work of God is this to believe in the one he has sent.
Our fore fathers ate manna.
It s our heavenly father who gives us the true bread from heaven.
The bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives lives to the world.
The people said, from now on give us this bread”
I am the bread of life
He who comes to me will never go hungry
He who believes in me will never be thirsty.
All that the father gives to Jesus will come to Jesus.
Whoever comes to Jesus will never be driven away to he has come down from heaven not to do his own will but to do the will of him who sent him.
The will of God to Jesus is this;
a). He shall lose none of all that the father has given him but raise them up at the last day.
b) Everyone who looks to the son and believes in him shall have eternal life and Jesus will raise him up at the last day.
They will be taught by God.
Everyone who listens to the father and learns from him comes to Jesus.
He who believes has everlasting life
Jesus is the bread of life.
Our fore fathers ate the mana in the desert yet they died.
Here is the bread that comes down from heaven which a man may eat and not die.
Jesus is the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats on this bread, he will forever, this bread is my fresh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Unless you eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
Whoever eats my flesh says Jesus, and drinks my blood has eternal life, and Jesus will raise him up at the last day.
The flesh of Jesus is the real food and his blood is the real drink.
Whoever eats the flesh of Jesus and drinks his blood will remain in Jesus and in him.
Jesus lives because of the father so the one who feeds on Jesus will live because of Jesus.
What must we do?
- Believe in the one God the father has sent.
- The one sent to Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
- What does it mean to believe in Jesus?
- This is to take what he has said to be true.
- You cannot work hungry neither can you work thirsty.
- The food you need for the work is to feed on the bread from heaven.
- The bread from heaven is Jesus himself.
- It is in is flesh.
- John 1:14 the word became flesh!
- The flesh is the word of God.
- If you are taught by God (God’s word) you will come to Jesus.
- If you come to Jesus, he will never loose you.
- You will never go hungry neither go thirsty if you believe in him.
- e believe in Jesus, come to Jesus key to not going hungry or thirsty.
- He will of God to Jesus is this.
- He will not loose those who come to him and believe in him will have eternal life. John 17:2 – 3
- The father granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those he has given to him.
- This is the eternal life
- That they may know the true God
- That they may know Jesus Christ
- John 6: 68;69 Peter had no where else to go for he knew Jesus had the worlds of eternal life.
- They had come to;
b) Know that Jesus was the Holy one of God.
The works that God requires
Luke 4:18-20./ Isaiah 61:1,2 Acts 10:38
- Preach the good news to the poor
- Proclaim freedom for the prisoners.
- Proclaim recovery of sight for the blind.
- Release the oppressed.
- Proclaim the year the Lord’s favor
NB: The spirit athe Lord has to be on you.
He has to anoint you for the device. The works of God are spiritual you have to be empowered by the spirit of the Lord. Acts 10:38
God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with;
- Holy Spirit
Result was he went everywhere doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil because God was with him.
- I will allow God to teach me his ways
- I will come to Jesus Christ
- I will believe in Jesus Christ
- I will do the works that God requires.
Oh God, my father anoint me with your spirit and power and be with me in Jesus name!